fingertipcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fingertipcrafts

cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafting

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hot sunny sunday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi everyone, hope you all enjoying this very hot weekend, what you all been up to? Yesterday evening we went up to Paull and watched the two ferries go out, while sat at the pub!! lol! lol! Today we have been down the allotment which was very hot and dry, we got all our spuds up before the wee beasties start eating them!! Got my onions up too to start drying out. Been pottering about this aft as I cant be bothered to go anywhere now, gonna have cornish pasties for tea with our own spuds and veg.
Enjoy the remaining bit of weekend Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Sounds wonderful Very Happy Really had a fantastic day today. dd had her new pool out (big enough for dh to lie in it and cool down too), I covered the garden table with craft bits and stamped and watercoloured to my hearts content. The real highlight of the day was when a frog came to play, it even jumped on dh and sat with him for a while, took lots of pics, so if I ever get 5 mins, I'll scrap them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Number of posts : 444

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 10:05 pm

cat Yesterday Hubby took the girls out for a few hours so I got a scrapbook page done, then we took them on a bike ride to the pub to have a bit of tea and just relaxed when we got home. Today we planned to go out to Brid but decided it was too hot and Brid was likely to be packed so we just pottered in the garden and played 'stop the rabbit digging up the plants'! Laughing
Back to top Go down
egg sandwich
Admin
egg sandwich

Number of posts : 177

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 am

We called the frog Bernie but Imogen insisted it was a girl and called it Odette. Had to quickly put it in a bucket though when it started to pooh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingertipcrafts.co.uk
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:01 pm

A frog called Odette - how lovely. A frog having a poo - how gross!! lol!

We had a busy weekend. We're changing estate agents so Saturday the guy came to take photos etc. We had to have a massive tidy up before he arrived!! He asked if it was always that tidy so we must have done a good job!

Yesterday we went to Beverley for an ice cream and then had a walk along the front at Paull. Last night we watched a DVD a film called The Condemned, I didn't expect to enjoy it, but it was really good and we had a lovely takeaway. I had to sit on a towl as I had St Tropez on my legs so that I could go bare-legged and have a bit of colour. The things we do!! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:27 pm

cat Paull is popular at the moment!
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:40 pm

I thought that! It is a bit quieter than most places on a nice day. Like you we thought of Brid and then thought better of it! Smile
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:23 pm

We like Paull as its quieter too, I dont like crowds so I def wouldn't go to the coast on a Hot sunny day. We sometimes have a picnic at Paull, we have been to the Fort too, its great, especially for little boys and big boys (hubby was like a kid again!!) Us girls found it quite interesting too.
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:06 am

Sounds like a lovely time. What happened to Burgess nin Beverley, is it still there, couldn't see it last time we went Sad

We recently watched 'Bucket List', didn't s'pect much of that either, but it was really good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:24 pm

cat Sorry to say Burgess in Beverley has been gone for a long time. They closed for refurbishment years ago and never reopened and Mr & Mrs Burgess got divorced (I think the 2 are related somehow - lots of rumours!). Someone did reopen a shop in Wednesday market with the Burgess name but it has now been renamed but its quite nice icecream.
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:32 am

Yes it's called Seargant's - that's where we went for ours. I had a scoop of choc ginger and a scoop of capuccino with a flake of course!! I love you

They also have jars of sweets like milk bottle gums and rhubarb and custard. I'm going to go and get some for the office one dinner time!

Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely sunny days sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:42 am

cat I bought some chewing nuts last time I was there - very nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hot sunny sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot sunny sunday   Hot sunny sunday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hot sunny sunday
Page 1 of 1