fingertipcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fingertipcrafts

cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafting

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunny days

Go down 
+2
Crafty Cat
Fairytips
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:06 pm

OK... am I the only one who needs to own up... the words red and lobster come to mind Embarassed Didn't realise yesterday I was burning, made sure dd and dh had plenty of suncream on, and got toasted!

Fantastic weather, been in the garden most of the time, planting (off to centre this afternoon to get some more babies to finish my tubs), having a swingball championship, and ds coming tonight for bbq Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Number of posts : 444

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:29 pm

cat Managed to avoid the lobster look, by luck rather than good judgement though! Kids have been playing in the paddling pool and I've done a bit of tidying in the garden. Yesterday hubby ran in the Beverley 10K and in the afternoon we went to look round 2 gardens in North Ferriby which were open for the NGS, one of which a friend of ours looks after (he's a gardener). Then we walked round to the pub for tea, so all in all we had a really nice weekend.
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:52 pm

Sounds really nice Very Happy How did dh do in the run, did you all cheer him on - it was so hot!

Really pleased with the garden, but looks like it may rain now! We're in though now and dd is almost off to bed for storytime queen
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:23 pm

cat We didn't get to cheer him this time, but we usually do. He did it in just over an hour which is about 5 mins slower than last time but it was too hot and I think he was happy to have finished! lots of people were collapsing as soon as they got over the finish line.

Glad you're happy with your garden, I really need to think about bedding plants for pots soon.
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:48 pm

Garden sounds great fairytips, you should take piccy, then copy for a card and use your flowersoft lol! .
Me not lobster but def got colour now!!
Congrats to your hubby CC, I dont think I could do it on a cold day let alone a very hot one.
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:25 pm

cat I guess everyone is still enjoying the good weather - not many posts recently. Has anyone been doing anything good, we've just been tidying the garden etc.

Just had a mini disaster here, Katie has just had a run in with the rabbit and she now looks like she fell head first into a bramble bush. Amazing how quickly the tears stop when you get the sweets out though!

Is anyone going to Wembly, hubby has driven me mad since they got through going on about it, he managed to get a tickets this morning, I don't think it is a very good seat but I think he was lucky to get one at all.
Back to top Go down
chrisdecember

chrisdecember

Number of posts : 27

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:53 am

Got a bit burnt on sunday my legs and arms are sore did not think it was that sunny at times on the coast. sunny sunny
finally got the splinter out it was 1/2 in long what a relief did not fancy casualty playing with my finger, can inflict my own pain.
Got lots of baby birds in the garde today all enjoying bathing in the waterfall.
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:00 am

cat Like the sound of a waterfall in the garden. I was inspired last night with all the talk of the Chelsea Flower show to scrap the photos of when I went back in 2002 and I noticed that most of them had some sort of water feature.
Back to top Go down
Stickle Goddess

Stickle Goddess

Number of posts : 163

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:32 pm

We don't really get birds in the garden because of the cats.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:08 pm

cat We have the same problem, next door gets lots though.
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:15 pm

We had small water feature but the pump broke a couple of years ago, we gonna get a new one at some point, poss get the whole new thing as I dont like the water thingy and have seen some lovely ones. Its got to be small as we have a yard but it looks more like a potted garden!! Alot of my Fuschias are in bud already and I have got lots of colour in the pots now. I got some "fire" violas, they are red and yellow and orange, gorgeous! they stand out brill. Hopefully this lovely weather will continue and bring on my allotment too. Got most of the veggies in now and planted my tomatoes last weekend.
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:21 am

looks like another nice day today, might get a carboot in today or tomorrow i think.
love bootin, got some good stuff too on occasion.
chell
x
Back to top Go down
https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
Sponsored content

Sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny days   Sunny days Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunny days
Page 1 of 1