fingertipcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fingertipcrafts

cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafting

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunny Sunday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Sunny Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Sunny Sunday   Sunny Sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:17 pm

cat What a beautiful day after all that rain. We've been up to Burnby Hall Gardens at Pocklington for the day to see a falconcry display and have a picnic. We went all prepared for rain with unbrellas and coats but didn't need them at all, it was lovely. Hope everyone else had a good day too and got to enjoy the sunshine.
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Sunny Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sunday   Sunny Sunday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 12:20 am

hi CC, we went car booting, i finally got a door stop!! only been trying to find something suitable for 3 years now, got an old cast iron Iron n it's perfect!!!
bought some terry pratchet books 4@£5 so that was our bargain of the day, i found some little gold pegs.
had the afternoon at my craft table re-cycling cards i made a while back, just re-vamping them a bit.
tilly has enjoyed the sun all afternoon, laying around outside until teatime.
chell
x
Back to top Go down
https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020

Sunny Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sunday   Sunny Sunday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Sounds like you both had a really good day, it was so nice to get some sunshine Cool

We spent the day inside... sigh... little dd is poorly, still not good today so she's off school still (been poorly since Thursday). High temps and upset tummy, followed by lots of energy and feeling better for 1/2 hour, then poorly again, especially at night. Me ad ES are bit sleep deprived Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365

Sunny Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sunday   Sunny Sunday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:07 pm

We sat out in the sunshine, I cooked a lovely chicken tea, followed by icecream and flake, then home cooked scones, YEP! my appetite def back lol!!!
Last year a Falconry bloke came to little sons school and did a display, it was fab! bet its the same place, they guy who came was nice but had a very "drony" voice that to be honest would soon send you to sleep. He brought some owls, a couple of falcons and some other birds but cant remember what.
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Number of posts : 444

Sunny Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sunday   Sunny Sunday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:53 pm

cat It was a Falconry centre near york that were displaying the birds. They brought allsorts of different birds and did quite a bit of flying and not too much talking. Hubby really loves the owls and has spent a day flying them before.
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020

Sunny Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sunday   Sunny Sunday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:28 am

We were watching a display on a day out a few years ago when dd was only small. Andrew was holding her, while myself and Adam stood next to them watching, then one of the hawks came and landed on Andrew's shoulder.... pandemonium... lol! Adam grabbed Imogen (who was screaming - she'd been resting on that shoulder!!!)... I collapsed laughing... oops, I'm I was concerned lol! and the bloke doing the display had to try and get the bird back... day out we'll never forget Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365

Sunny Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sunday   Sunny Sunday Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:34 pm

lol! lol! I would have done the same FT's !!

I love all sorts of birds but prefer small ones, I have little zebra finches (5) and have had budgies in the past. I like owls but wouldn't hold one or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sunny Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sunday   Sunny Sunday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunny Sunday
Page 1 of 1