fingertipcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fingertipcrafts

cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafting

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Horse Racing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Horse Racing Empty
PostSubject: Horse Racing   Horse Racing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi everyone, was just wondering do you ever have a bet on the horses?? We do but only on the big races like the national!!

Well its the Cheltenham Gold Cup on Friday so me gonna have a little bet (usually £1-£2 eachway)
Havent chose which horse yet, depends on what the jockeys wearing Smile (ladies way of determining how well it will do lol!!)

Is anyone else having a little flutter??
Back to top Go down
egg sandwich
Admin
egg sandwich

Number of posts : 177

Horse Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Racing   Horse Racing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:33 am

It sounds like you choose your horses the same way that FT chose her first car........
Q) What type of car do you want love?
A) A green one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingertipcrafts.co.uk
egg sandwich
Admin
egg sandwich

Number of posts : 177

Horse Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Racing   Horse Racing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:45 am

There is a mathematical way of reducing your probability of losing, though nothing can ever guarantee a win.
(Basic Rules)
1) If you are betting each way then never bet in a race with less than 8 horses. Races with 4 or less runners the horse has to win, 5, 6 or 7 horses, it has to come first or second, 8 and more it can come in 3rd and you will still get something back.
2) Only bet on Hurdles races...your horse is less likely to fall.
3) Assume a £1 each way bet....that costs you £2. If it wins then you make a profit.
If it comes second then you get a quarter of the odds...example the horse is 4 to 1, you get £1 x a quarter of 4 to 1 which is 1 to 1 or evens. That means that you would get your £2 back.
If it comes third then you get a fifth of the odds, so to get your money back it has to be at least 5 to 1.

So back a horse at 5 to 1 in a 8 horse hurdle race......and statistically, the longer distance races are won by the most favoured horses, e.g. favourites or second favourites, though don't discount that old cart horse that was trained by Chubby Brown jumping over piles of rubbish in the local tip....

Good luck!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingertipcrafts.co.uk
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Horse Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Racing   Horse Racing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:25 am

very informative, i never knew how it was all worked out!

dont bet, but it was an interesting read.

chell
x
Back to top Go down
https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365

Horse Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Racing   Horse Racing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:44 pm

lol! lol! Way too technical for me, but thankyou for the explanation:lol!: lol! Pink or blue silks do it for me, I'll even choose nice patterns!! They got to have nice named horses too lol!! Think me gonna have Madison Du Berlais, hubby having Exotic Dancer, (think its him dreaming again lol)
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020

Horse Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Racing   Horse Racing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:16 pm

crafty girls wrote:
lol! lol! Way too technical for me, but thankyou for the explanation:lol!: lol! Pink or blue silks do it for me, I'll even choose nice patterns!! They got to have nice named horses too lol!! Think me gonna have Madison Du Berlais, hubby having Exotic Dancer, (think its him dreaming again lol)

Shocked far too technical for me too, didn't understand a word actually... geek

I'd go by their names Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

Horse Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Racing   Horse Racing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horse Racing
Page 1 of 1