fingertipcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fingertipcrafts

cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafting

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brand New Craft

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:44 pm

I was just thinking, have you ever thought of trying a new craft? and more to the point, are you going to take the plunge and have a go?

I have always fancied having a go at lace making, it looks very complicated but I may try to find out more this year and finally have a go.
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 4:17 am

i did take up painting, and loved it, i did a few pictures i'm really pleased with, landscapes and beach scene's mostly.
when i get time i'll probably have another go, i was at home with the boys before.

chell
x
Back to top Go down
https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:55 pm

I keep saying that i'm going to have a go at jewellery making. I bought a really good book but that's as far as I have got. Think I might have a look for some beads and maybe give it a go. At least I know how to make boxes!! study
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:18 pm

I keep saying I'm going to teach myself to crochet. I'm knitting a jumper at the moment, so maybe when I've finished that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Beads and stuff ordered, so waiting in eager anticipation for them to arrive!! bounce
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi Dee, just pm'd you, hope you find it useful. My DD makes loads of jewellery, its as addictive as card making lol! .
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:05 pm

crafty girls wrote:
Hi Dee, just pm'd you, hope you find it useful. My DD makes loads of jewellery, its as addictive as card making lol! .

Thanks for that. I'm looking forward to getting started. The book I bought is "Jewellery Making and Beading for Dummies", it's really good.
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:32 am

i can Crochet, my MIL (may she RIP) taught me 26 years ago, she wanted me to knit, but i put me foot down there (we where made to at school and i hated it!!!!!!!!!!!) i crotcheted matinee jackets (very ornate ones too) and lots of dressingtable sets! for everyone.

i've been tempted to get a jewellery kit to try, but i was faced with many and couldn't decide, lol.

chell
x
Back to top Go down
https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
crafty girls

crafty girls

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:13 pm

My DD self taught herself to crochet really good, I can crochet a bit but nothing too fancy, might try to better myself at that too! I can imagine what your matinee jacket looked like MM as I have done "lacy" knit ones and they just look so gorgeous, you just cant buy em like that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand New Craft
Page 1 of 1