fingertipcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fingertipcrafts

cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafting

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Now reading...

Go down 
+5
blackdragon
egg sandwich
matildasmum
Dee Coopage
Fairytips
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:11 pm

I picked it up becvause it was half price with the newspaper... but it's totally hooked me in Cool

Linwood Barclay wrote it, 'No Time for Goodbye'

Haven't heard of this author before, but enjoyed reading the book.

What's everyone else reading?
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:11 pm

I'm reading Isabella Moon by Laura Benedict. Early days with it and I'm only reading a few pages at bed time, but it's really good. Smile
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:36 am

i cant even remember the title or author of the one i'm trawling through! i'm usually a very quick reader, i know it's a thriller with a serial killer, but it's so hard going, i'll probably give it another few nights. pete is really enjoying the new pratchett book, it's not a discworld so i had to talk him into it, lol. but he said all the wit is there and he's loving it, in case you aint got it yet ES!

think i might try something lighter too, got belle du jour ages ago n cos i stash books all over i forget about them, lol.

chell
x
Back to top Go down
https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:09 pm

Belle de jour is a light read, I didn't think a lot to it but you might enjoy it after something heavy.

I went to Liverpool on the train yesterday so I read loads of the Isabella Moon book on the journey. I've very nearly finished it. It's quite involved so I'm glad that I had some time to get really into it - reading a little at bed time wasn't really enough to draw me in properly. Anyway if anyone wants to read it after me let me know. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:13 pm

we should do a book swap! lol.

chell
x
Back to top Go down
egg sandwich
Admin
egg sandwich

Number of posts : 177

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:44 am

whenever I read Pratchett....which is most of the time when I am reading I try and imagine the book as a movie and cast well known actors in their parts...it's the same with Tom Sharpe....the thing is most of Tom Sharpes characters could easily be played by Rik Mayal and Ade Edmondson....especially Kommandant van Heerden and Constable Els from Riotous Assembly and the other South Africa book.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingertipcrafts.co.uk
blackdragon

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:02 am

....sad or what... i alternate between reading a dictionary( have to keep my hand in for when a mate visits and we play scrabble) and a book about 'artists'...now on jean-auguste-dominique Ingres... who you may ask?... give me a few weeks and i might be able to tell you!!!!

SAD!!!!!
love xxx
Back to top Go down
janecovery

janecovery

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi I am reading Full Moon Rising By Keri Arthur, best way to discribe it ...Sex in the City Meets Vampire's and Werewolf's. I also love Terry Prachett
Luv Jane
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:05 pm

blackdragon wrote:
i alternate between reading a dictionary( have to keep my hand in for when a mate visits and we play scrabble

Love scrabble... we'll have to set up an online game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blackdragon

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 3:01 am

oh yes please..... cant find people to play with me...... i live a very shealtered life.....
messy stamping, scrabble...were we parted at birth? xxx
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 3:05 pm

I love scrabble too! DH won't pay very often as I usually win! cheers

Well I've just finished my book and I have to say that I am most disappointed by the ending Sad It just wasn't what I was expecting and not what I would have writetn if it was my story!! I like a tidy ending not things left up in the air. I think I'll have to make one up so I can settle!! Laughing I'm so sad!

A book swap would be cool - how could we do it?
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:37 pm

well i'd suggest putting a few titles on here if FT/ES are willing, and then first come first served basis, postage paid by sender, but we'd need to find a swap each to be fair, so if we each put say....5 on at a time. obviously we'd have to ask FT/ES before we do anything.

could we have a yeah or a nay please FT/ES.

chell
x
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Go for it girls, whoever wants to organise it can start a book swap thread to keep it all together Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 4:58 pm

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

just a few ground rules here.

we must all keep up our end of the bargain and it has absolutely nothing to do with
fingertips, FT or ES, so if you take part, please no letting anyone down and if your late to post please let the person know. if we do this it's gotta be self policing.

i'll begin a thread, just cos i was here first, i'm not putting myself in charge or anything. if anyone wants to co-ordinate n stuff shout up.

chell
x
Back to top Go down
egg sandwich
Admin
egg sandwich

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:40 am

Try emailscrabble.net......no this isn't a link, but I am registered....we could organise a tournament or just have a 2,3 or 4 player game.
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:13 pm

I have just finished reading Adam Ant, Stand and Deliver, his autobiography, it was a really great read, I never realized how poorly with Bi-Polar he was, I thought and still think he's great.
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Number of posts : 444

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:06 am

cat I've just started reading Duma Key by Stephen King, just getting to the weird bits and really enjoying it. Do i remember that you've read it FT?
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:12 am

Doesn't ring any bells, last S King one I read was Cell. Reading Triptych by Karin Slaughter at the mo, OK, but not really holding me (not like last book!!!)
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:20 am

cat If In still think its good I'll pass it on when I've finished FT.
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:31 pm

I've just finished "Missing" by Susan Lewis - a bit wordy I have to say. I kept getting fed up with her over-describing things and wanted to shout 'get to the point'. Anyway she did get to it eventually and it was pretty predictable. I had to finish it before I could allow myself to start on my new Erica Spindler - Breakneck. I started it last night and was into it straight away. I just wish she would write faster as I have to wait ages for the next one to come out!

What's everyone else into at the mo? flower
Back to top Go down
egg sandwich
Admin
egg sandwich

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:42 pm

I,ve been trying to read 'Going Postal', Pratchett, but I never seem to get the chance to read more than a page at a time.
Back to top Go down
craft'n'wine

craft'n'wine

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:57 pm

I am reading an old Virginia Andrews series - The cutlers - not my usual choice, one of the girls at work brought me them to read, and much to my surprise I am enjoying them. Recently finished reading Ghost Girl by Torey Hayden, the subject matter was hard going - but I couldn't put it down wanting to know how it would end (lots of crying !!)

jayne x
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:08 pm

Just about finished Breakneck but savouring it! I often tend to rush books at the end, but this one I want to enjoy every last bit.

Got a new Lesley Pearse coming from Amazon for me to get into next. Smile
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:33 am

cat Without reading material at the mo if anyone has any suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:11 am

CC What type of book do you like? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Now reading... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now reading...   Now reading... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now reading...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fingertipcrafts :: Village Hall :: Book Worms-
Jump to: