fingertipcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fingertipcrafts

cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafting

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Watercolouring Stamps

Go down 
+3
Dee Coopage
Crafty Cat
Fairytips
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Watercolouring Stamps Empty
PostSubject: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:08 pm

I love doing this, I love H2Os, but really get so much pleasure from 'painting' with my watercolour pencils. What do others like doing?
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:41 pm

cat Ive done some with H2o's and I've also started doing some actual watercolour paintings but they are not very good!
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:52 pm

Wow... I'd love to have a go at painting, do we get a peek? I find watercolouring so relaxing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:02 am

cat Maybe in 10 years or so when I've had more practice lol!
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:24 am

lol! we could be viewing it in a gallery by then... never know!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:20 pm

I like to do watercolour pictures too. Last year I did a class whilst I was on holiday and painted a picture of Central Park, I had it made into notelets and gave some to family at Christmas. It wasn't fantastic but everyone was pleased with their gift! If you fancy having a go, I would recommend an artist called Frank Clark. He's an Irish guy with a really bad taste in shirts!! He has brought out some step by step books and DVDs and they are really good. I did one of his when I was having a good day and it went really well, I had it framed and it hung in the hall until we decorated last year. I'll see if I can rake it out and put a piccie on the gallery. I love you
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:19 pm

Yes, please do. I'm very interested in painting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:44 pm

cat I'd love to see it too Dee, I have tried landscapes without much success, I seem to be better at close ups of flowers. My real downfall is that they always look overdone somehow rather than looking natural if that amkes any sense!
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:49 pm

Hi

I've popped it on esnips. There's a bit of glare from the flash but you get the idea. I have a tendency to make things very pale and understated, like I'm scared of adding too much colour. I'm not generally very artistic in the true sense of the word, that's why I like Frank Clark, and his step-by-step instructions. Next time I come in I'll try and remember to bring one of his books in to show you.

flower
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:38 pm

cat Just had look Dee and its really good, much better than my landscape efforts - I get too bogged down with detail.
Back to top Go down
egg sandwich
Admin
egg sandwich

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:15 am

Just had a look with FT, very impressed!!! Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingertipcrafts.co.uk
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Yep, just to add my own bit, it's lovely Dee, really good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:13 pm

Thank you very much. Believe me if I can do it, anyone can!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stickle Goddess

Stickle Goddess

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:21 pm

I adore using my watercolour pencils with my rubber stamps.....I have to say they are my favourite medium but I like to use felt tips and a blender pen which gives the same effect but a bit brighter.
Back to top Go down
Shirley

Shirley

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2008 2:18 am

I love painting, be it on HUGE canvases or very small stamped images.
I use various mediums.
Acrylic paits (watered down for the watercolour effect).
Water colour pencils
Sakura pens
Normal childrens felt tip pens
Marvi la plum pens
Whispers pens
H20s
inks
ermmmmmmmm im sure there are more still but cant think off top of my head lol.

I would say the whispers pens are my fave tho, although it looks like they are to be discontinued, although I do like the marvi pens too. but not as good as whispers...

I soooooooooooooooooooo want some primcolour pencils tho. but they are far out of my price range for the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://shirleys-cards-and-crafts.blogspot.com/
Angie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:46 pm

I haven't really had much experience with stamping, I bought some years ago and did some very basic stamping and heat embossing, but not done any since

But I was tempted recently by some cute Hero Arts clear stamps "ClearDesign: Four Dolls Product No: CL29" (Japanese Dolls)

I bought a StazOn inkpad and wish to create the same colour effect that is seen on Hero Arts artwork for these stamps

I presume it is watercolour, but I'm not sure if it is created with Pencil, Stardust Pens, or something else??

Can anyone give me some advice on the best medium to use

Many thanks
Angie

Smile
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:02 pm

cat Not sure what Hero Arts use but on the odd occasion I do some stamping I tend to use markers (I've got whispers markers but there are lots of others) like watercolours - you scribble on a bit of plastic and brush on with a wet brush or you can outline certain areas and then blend with the wet brush. This is just one idea, I'm sure the Stamping Queen - Fairytips - will have plenty more to share, also I'm sure she's got a stamping workshop coming up soon....
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:09 pm

I've just popped over to HA site, they've used Prisma pencils - colouring pencils with a strong pigment, then you blend them. I use Sansador to blend with. Hope that helps a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angie

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Thanks for the quick replies, I have had a little look online and it seems the prisma pencils are not easy to get hold of in the UK,

I'm thinking I may just 'borrow' my daughters watercolour pencils and do a bit of practising with those and see how that goes for now,

I also have some Sakura Stardust pens in my stash somewhere too, although I'm not sure if they will make my images too sparkly??

I think I need to do a little experimenting.....

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:30 am

cat I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who will say there is no such thing as too sparkly Laughing
Back to top Go down
Angie

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:56 am

Oh I have quite a passion for the sparkly stuff myself especially when making fairy cards, and I don't think a single Christmas card left me this year without at least some Stickle Glitter glue Very Happy

I was hoping to maybe restrain myself a little with the Japanese Dolls......

Yeah, I'll see how long that lasts Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watercolouring Stamps   Watercolouring Stamps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watercolouring Stamps
Page 1 of 1