fingertipcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fingertipcrafts

cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafting

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Superstitions

Go down 
+2
Fairytips
crafty girls
6 posters
AuthorMessage
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Superstitions Empty
PostSubject: Superstitions   Superstitions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:48 pm

Do you have any superstitions??

If I or any of my family put a top on back to front then you have to either spin it around your neck without removing it or take it off and put another one on, or its bad luck!! The same applies to inside out ones that have to be removed first, my sister a few years ago took a top off and put it back on again the right way, 2hrs later she was back home with 2 busted knees, a grazed arm and a very battered ego!!!
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020

Superstitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superstitions   Superstitions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:52 pm

Ooohhhhh... I know what you mean... don't get me started on superstitions geek geek It's a case of thinking no it's not true in my head, but hmmm, better not take the chance ....

Glad I'm not the only one!
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Number of posts : 444

Superstitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superstitions   Superstitions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 7:29 pm

cat Sorry to disagree but I'm not at all superstitious, I firmly believe we make our own luck and throwing salt over your shoulder doesn't make any difference! Those 'send to 10 friends' emails drive me mad as well! Laughing
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Superstitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superstitions   Superstitions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 8:47 pm

i'm with you an that CC,

pete is adamant the car is to blame, he had his heart attack days after us getting it n one of us is always ill these days, now the cars been vandalised n ins have said we not covered, he's positive it's the cause, i think it's all rubbish but if someone belives strongly enough. besides if getting a different car will make him feel better then so be it, as it makes no defference to me one way or the other.

never really been superstitious, but my mum is. wont have anything with birds on in the house!

chell
x
Back to top Go down
https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
craftysmurf

craftysmurf

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Superstitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superstitions   Superstitions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:35 pm

I'm not superstitious, i dont believe in it all

i too think you make your own luck in this world,,,

but if not around tomorrow we all now know why lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Superstitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superstitions   Superstitions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:03 am

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Superstitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superstitions   Superstitions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 11:40 am

I'm generally not superstitious but I have one or two daft goings on. If I put my knickers on inside out then I'll leave them like that rather than take them off and put them the right way - not sure why!! I was wearing a thong one day and it felt very uncomfortable, I went to investigate and discovered that the gusset part was around my hip and the side bit was where the gusset should have been - I left it like that!!!

I also salute a magpie if I see one on it's own. Around the time that my ex and I split up I had seen a lot of lone magpies and thought this had been a sign. In reality the fact that he was a village milkman offering much more to his clients that the daily pinta kind of ended things and I ended up with my current partner and couldn't be happier!! lol! Think I'll skip the salute next time I see one!
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Superstitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superstitions   Superstitions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 11:46 am

cat And I always thought it was a myth about milkmen! Glad you're happy now though Dee.

The only strange (and morbid!) thing that I find to be true is that people tend to fall off their perches in three's - especially celebs. I got it from my Grandma, has anyone else noticed it?
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365

Superstitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superstitions   Superstitions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:37 pm

Love that about your knickers Dee lol! lol! Hope you not got a dinosaur bum now (mega sore a**e)lol!!!
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Superstitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superstitions   Superstitions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:18 pm

crafty girls wrote:
Love that about your knickers Dee lol! lol! Hope you not got a dinosaur bum now (mega sore a**e)lol!!!

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Superstitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superstitions   Superstitions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superstitions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fingertipcrafts :: Village Hall :: Chatterings-
Jump to: