fingertipcrafts

cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafting

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Brand New Craft

Go down 
AuthorMessage
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:44 pm

I was just thinking, have you ever thought of trying a new craft? and more to the point, are you going to take the plunge and have a go?

I have always fancied having a go at lace making, it looks very complicated but I may try to find out more this year and finally have a go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 4:17 am

i did take up painting, and loved it, i did a few pictures i'm really pleased with, landscapes and beach scene's mostly.
when i get time i'll probably have another go, i was at home with the boys before.

chell
x
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:55 pm

I keep saying that i'm going to have a go at jewellery making. I bought a really good book but that's as far as I have got. Think I might have a look for some beads and maybe give it a go. At least I know how to make boxes!! study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:18 pm

I keep saying I'm going to teach myself to crochet. I'm knitting a jumper at the moment, so maybe when I've finished that Very Happy

www.fingertipcrafts.net
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Beads and stuff ordered, so waiting in eager anticipation for them to arrive!! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crafty girls

crafty girls

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi Dee, just pm'd you, hope you find it useful. My DD makes loads of jewellery, its as addictive as card making lol! .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:05 pm

crafty girls wrote:
Hi Dee, just pm'd you, hope you find it useful. My DD makes loads of jewellery, its as addictive as card making lol! .

Thanks for that. I'm looking forward to getting started. The book I bought is "Jewellery Making and Beading for Dummies", it's really good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:32 am

i can Crochet, my MIL (may she RIP) taught me 26 years ago, she wanted me to knit, but i put me foot down there (we where made to at school and i hated it!!!!!!!!!!!) i crotcheted matinee jackets (very ornate ones too) and lots of dressingtable sets! for everyone.

i've been tempted to get a jewellery kit to try, but i was faced with many and couldn't decide, lol.

chell
x
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
crafty girls

crafty girls

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:13 pm

My DD self taught herself to crochet really good, I can crochet a bit but nothing too fancy, might try to better myself at that too! I can imagine what your matinee jacket looked like MM as I have done "lacy" knit ones and they just look so gorgeous, you just cant buy em like that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Brand New Craft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand New Craft   Brand New Craft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand New Craft
Page 1 of 1