fingertipcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fingertipcrafts

cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafting

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OLD FASHIONED SWEETS

Go down 
+4
Fairytips
Dee Coopage
matildasmum
crafty girls
8 posters
AuthorMessage
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-12

OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Empty
PostSubject: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:11 pm

As I am just chewing on a drumstick lolly I wondered, what "old fashioned sweets "to you like or remember?

I like drumstick lollys, refreshers and Torpedo's(liquorice comfits)
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 1:38 am

ooh floral gums, parma violets and floral cashous.
sports mixture, oh n black jacks (can i say that?)
Back to top Go down
https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:45 am

Milk gums - the ones that were like mini milk bottles, flying saucers, bettabars & Texan bars I love you
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:26 am

Oh wow... that's a good one Very Happy Don't recognise all of the above, but used to love Black Jacks and Fruit Salads... remember going to the shop with 2p and getting a bag of them... sigh Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:55 pm

cat I used to love getting 'quarters' of sweets. Things like rhubarb and custard and pear drops. My grandparents always seemed keen on rotting my teeth Laughing and would buy me sweets regularly.
Back to top Go down
Juliebird40

Juliebird40

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 1:25 am

ohhh it's got to be sherbert dabs and pink shrimps. I remember when you could get 6 sports mixtures for an old penny!!!! Rolling Eyes

Julie flower
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:27 pm

ooh black jacks are gorgeous!! My hubby likes sherbet dips, I also caramac bars when you can get them.
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:31 am

CG caramac's are readily available at asda!

i gave leia a piece once n it sent her nuts, she went all wobbly n giddy. in fact it was a tiny bit of a caramac kit kat, my other one lucas loved the stuff! dunno what was different but it wasn't good for her.
and i never give my dogs 1kg o the stuff so they're quite safe, lol.

tilly can smell galaxy as soon as i open it, even if she's in bed!!!

chell
x
Back to top Go down
blackdragon

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:12 pm

Anyone remember coconut tabacco???
Spangles and XL crisps.... think the crisps are still around although not in this neck of the woods anymore!!
Dont like 'black jacks'.... what about 'IMPS'..... didnt like them either....
'Galaxy' chocolate was and still is my favourite... remember it used to be advertised by a white cow?

Think i'm just showing my age!!!
love xxx
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 1:34 pm

Oh forgot about spangles, used to love em! I used to like refresher chewies , they still about but not as sour as they used to be, loved rainbow drops too but they different now too. Liked sherbet pips too, (no wonder me teeth bad lol!!)
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:43 pm

cat Just remembered 'cherry lips'.....
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:57 pm

Yuk I hated cherry lips almost as much as I hated parma violets!

Does anyone remember Mint Cracknels? I loved them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:36 am

Don't remember cherry lips or mint cracknels, but still like parma violets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
matildasmum

matildasmum

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 12:14 am

i loved spangles, and galaxy choc has the most gorgeous shade of pink wrapper, it went brilliantly with my SD's Audrey Hepburn black card!

chell
x
Back to top Go down
egg sandwich
Admin
egg sandwich

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:31 am

Used to love Nutty bars, hated and still do Parma violets, love sherbet fountains and flying saucers. Looking back over the years....the thing I think I miss the most is Coltsfoot sticks....I found a Victorian sweetshop over in Oswaldthwistle that sold it the other year.

Loved sticking licquorice hardjuice into Kalie...(spelling please)..

Back in mid 80's I used to buy Willy Wonka's never ending gobstoppers from a shop down Southcoates Avenue. They cost 10p each and once in your mouth you could barely breath it was so big. Forget answering the phone....it lasted for about 2 to 3 hours!!!!!!. It had 4 fantastically fruity flavours....a bit sherberty too, and just like in the film/book you could spit in 4 different colours.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingertipcrafts.co.uk
blackdragon

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:01 am

OH dear... i now have visions of spitting in different colours....

reminds me of 'rose-buds', dear little sweets that we used to see who could spit the furthest when i was a little 'un at primary school.
There is a terrific sweet shop in one of the arcades in gt yarmouth.... it sells lovely old fashion sweets... from jars, by the quarter... nan has decided we need to go again.... grandads sweetie stash is deminishing rapidly.
xxx
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:52 pm

Loved cherry lips too, I also liked aniseed balls, I didn't much like parma violets but loved swizzels and love hearts, they dont taste the same now though(must be me age )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OLD FASHIONED SWEETS   OLD FASHIONED SWEETS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OLD FASHIONED SWEETS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fingertipcrafts :: Village Hall :: Fun and Frolicks-
Jump to: