fingertipcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fingertipcrafts

cardmaking, scrapbooking, papercrafting

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Cards

Go down 
+5
matildasmum
crafty girls
Crafty Cat
Dee Coopage
Fairytips
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:37 am

We've had a Christmas workshop (another one soon), who's started on their Christmas cards? Is anyone going with a particular theme, or make them as they come?
Back to top Go down
http://fingertipcrafts.wordpress.com/
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:45 am

Last year I picked a few designs and made several of each, so I'll probably do the same again with different designs. I should really get started soon.....it's only 20 weeks away affraid
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Number of posts : 444

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:15 pm

cat I've done a few but I need to get moving on them! I need to come up with a design that I can do lots of in one go for people at work etc, it takes too long to do individual ones for everyone.
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

Number of posts : 365

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 6:17 pm

We made start on xmas cards, done about 15 up to now, I like doing decoupage with lots of glitter and sparkle, I like using "cutie" themes best although I do like snowy themes too. DD is more adventurous, she does xmas waterfall cards and ones with moving bits and bobs, she likes glitter too!!
I got some Kanban xmas toppers from fairytips this week and they are gorgeous, they are cutie ones and some snowy post boxes, and a "Taj Mahal" type building all rainbowy and glittery.

lol! And thanks Dee only 20weeks to xmas, thanks for bringing that to our attention lol!
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 6:39 pm

cat I tend to favour contemporary designs, I like clean lines and they tend to be quicker too! I do like glitter though, which reminds me I need some red Stickles...
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:22 am

i like to wait for my week off in dec, then i get them done, i cant do em in the middle of summer!
i have been collecting xmas bits for ages so i should have plenty to go at.
chell
x
Back to top Go down
https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:13 pm

I'm trying to get them done here and there so it's not another last minute job Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Dee Coopage

Dee Coopage

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:34 pm

I cut 4 trees out last night with the Stencillos template so I've made a start!! santa
Back to top Go down
matildasmum

matildasmum

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:57 pm

done a xmas ATC if that counts?

i shall have to bring in my swaps, maybe tomorrow. i have lots of ATC's to fill box, mens as promised and just finished a batch of teddies.

chell
x
Back to top Go down
https://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/matildasmum_bucket/?act
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:33 pm

Been busy with the puff paint this morning... snow everywhere santa
Back to top Go down
Stickle Goddess

Stickle Goddess

Number of posts : 163

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 3:04 pm

I was on the puff paint last night....loving it. I've made some xmas cards but they're being stuck in an album as samples so people at work can order them and I'll have ideas aswell when it gets a bit closer lol.
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:10 pm

cat I didn't get on with the puff paint, too unpredictable for my liking!
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:10 am

Puff paint??? I never heard of it!! Do explain to us not very clever crafters lol!
Back to top Go down
Stickle Goddess

Stickle Goddess

Number of posts : 163

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:20 am

Puff paint is amazing.....I love it, although I find it works better on smaller areas than large ones. I've just used the white puff paint on some santa claus stamped cards I've done and it just finishes it off nicely Smile

Moving along swiftly with my xmas cards now......yay lol!
Back to top Go down
Crafty Cat

Crafty Cat

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:22 am

crafty girls wrote:
Puff paint??? I never heard of it!! Do explain to us not very clever crafters lol!

cat It looks a bit like paint in a tube, you apply it then blast it with a heat gun and it goes all puffy. I just don't seem to be able to get the thickness right, it either doesn't puff much and I burn it! or it puffs like mad and ends up an inch thick! So if anyone has any tips Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:28 am

Think you just need to play with it bit more, try less heat, and keep your gun moving. Not sure if that helps, so you'll have to have another play and let us know how you get on Laughing
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:06 am

I forgot to ask FT today about this puff paint!!
I just been making a wedding card for a neighbour, Its very pretty and simple, all white with a flowersoft bouquet, some white sparkly doves and tiny love hearts, they got married a few weeks ago but only found out yesterday as his wife lives abroad but is coming here to live now!!
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Ooohh... must remember next time you come in... all different colours too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:47 pm

Been making xmas cards with Kanbans this week, I really love these, I have used glitter, "hairy glitter" flowersoft and stickles on them, they are gorgeous. Hopefully popping in shop tomorrow for top up of a couple!!
Back to top Go down
Shirley

Shirley

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2008 2:01 am

I started my Christmas cards about 2 months ago, have now made all mine and a few more. I need to make some for my dad (thats next on the card making list., as got no cards needed till november now).

Not like me to be this organised tho I have to say. I dont normaly start till around now or later. Last year i was still making xmas eve
Back to top Go down
http://shirleys-cards-and-crafts.blogspot.com/
crafty girls

crafty girls

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:02 am

Me just done a couple more cards tonight, one is on gold card and the other on silver, they both got "mirrored" decoupage on, (its a bit like dufex but doesn't scratch as easily), used hairy glitter on one and just about to use flock stuff on the other.
I done hubby an anniversary card this aft as its our 23rd anniversary on Sat 27th. affraid No wonder my hair is going grey!!
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:14 am

Sounds lovely... is it on your page? Congrats on anniverary Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crafty girls

crafty girls

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:52 pm

No not yet but gonna take piccys and update my photobucket soon.
Back to top Go down
Fairytips
Admin
Fairytips

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 2:47 pm

ES made a brill slider card - it was a snowball going down a hill and a snowman, curved slider instead of straight... he's getting to be quite the card creater!!!
Back to top Go down
egg sandwich
Admin
egg sandwich

Number of posts : 177

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:02 pm

Thanks love.....now lets have everyone come in and see my clock
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingertipcrafts.co.uk
Sponsored content

Christmas Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cards   Christmas Cards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Cards
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next